Primary Care WebEx: Healthcare Disparities, Health Equity and Racism - Part 1
Following this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Define healthcare disparity and health equity
- Describe how structural racism and bias contribute to health inequity
- Identify efforts to close healthcare disparity gaps and health equity nationally and locally
- Recognize how implicit bias, microaggression, and racism contribute to patient-clinician communication, trust and health outcomes
- Apply strategies to improve health equity in your clinical practice
HealthPartners is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
HealthPartners Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of .75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to:
- 0.75 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program; and
- 0.75 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM or ABP MOC credit.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.75 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.