Practicing Bias Prevention
The unconscious mind affects what we think, feel and do all the time. We learned during the first course, Understand and Prevent Unintended and Implicit Bias, that when unconscious bias surfaces, it can impact our ability to provide an environment where every patient, member and colleague feels welcome, included and valued. During this follow up check-in, you will learn strategies and tactics to prevent your and others’ biases.
All HealthPartners Clinicians
Following this learning activity participants will be able to:
- Discuss evidence-based strategies to protect against bias and advance health equity
- Identify tools and techniques to remove barriers to managing bias
- Apply strategies and interventions to effectively interrupt and mitigate bias
Due to the non-clinical nature of the topic being presented, there is no need to identify, mitigate or disclose relevant financial relationships for this accredited continuing education activity.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
HealthPartners is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
HealthPartners Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this other activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to:
- 1 MOC point in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
- 1 MOC point in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
- Their required annual part II self-assessment credit in the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery’s Continuing Certification program (formerly known as MOC)
- 1 credit toward the CME component of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s redesigned Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology™ (MOCA®) program, known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements
- 1 MOC Point toward Lifelong Learning in the American Board of Pathology (ABPath) Continuing Certification program
- 1 credit toward the CME and Self-Assessment requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program
- 1 credit toward the CME and Self-Assessment requirements of the American Board of Thoracic Surgery’s Maintenance of Certification program
- 1 credit toward the CME requirement of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery’s Maintenance of Certification program
It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM, ABP, ABOHNS, ABA, ABPath, ABS, ABOS and ABTS (MOC) credit and/or recognizing participation.
This program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing requirements. It is the responsibility of each participant to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification for their discipline.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.