Management of Acute Urinary Retention
April 19, 2022
Following this CME activity, participants will be able to:
- Define urinary retention and its common causes
- Describe how to manage acute urinary retention including when to check post-void residuals, when to straight catheterize, and when to utilize indwelling foley catheterization
- Identify the role of alpha blockers in male patients for the management of BPH and/or urinary retention
- Identify the role of alpha blockers in female patients for the management of urinary retention
- Describe surgical strategies for management of urinary retention
HealthPartners is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Office of Continuing Medical Education, HealthPartners, designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing requirements. It is the responsibility of each participant to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification for their discipline.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.