Locked In: A Theatrical Dialogue on Healthcare and Homelessness
Minneapolis, MN US
April 13, 2023
Following this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify ways that health workers and health systems participate in the criminalization of homelessness and addiction
- Name the barriers that prevent health workers and health systems from responding with greater compassion and creativity to unsheltered populations
- Reframe narratives related to homelessness and addiction in ways that remove blame from individuals experiencing homelessness and health workers and instead illuminate the contributions of social systems, policies and structures
- Utilize self-reflection, courage and creativity to actively interrupt harmful narratives on homelessness and addiction in patient encounters, clinic and hospital team meetings and in conversations with health system leaders
Hennepin County Central Library – Pohlad Theater
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55401
HealthPartners is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
HealthPartners Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing requirements. It is the responsibility of each participant to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification for their discipline.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.50 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.