Gender-Affirming Care, Behavioral Health & Writing Letters of Support for Transgender and Gender Diverse Patients (Recorded)
Following this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe common barriers to care, and components of minority stress, faced by transgender and gender diverse (TGD) patients
- Identify how to diagnosis gender dysphoria and complete a gender history as part of the diagnostic assessment
- Define the medications used for gender-affirming medical care, including risks and benefits of use and body changes of gender-affirming hormones
- Explain the gender-affirmation surgery options, including risks and benefits, and process and timeline for preparing for and recovering from surgery
- Identify how to write Letters of Support for adults seeking gender-affirming care and surgery
- Recognize the WPATH Standards of Care for gender-affirming care, surgeries, and writing letters of support
- Discuss available referrals and resources for people who are transgender and gender diverse within HealthPartners and the community
HealthPartners is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Office of Continuing Medical Education, HealthPartners, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing requirements. It is the responsibility of each participant to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification for their discipline.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.