Echo Quality Assurance Conference
Ensuring a high level of quality in echocardiography is a primary goal of the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) echo lab accreditation. Establishing definition of quality in cardiovascular imaging has been challenging, and there has been limited agreement on quality standards for imaging. Quality can be measured as adherence to established guidelines for the use of a technology to ensure patient satisfaction and outcomes. However, specific criteria to ensure quality must be established for each phase of the process, from considering a test for a patient to incorporating the results of the test appropriately into patient care. The purpose of this meeting is to review lab results to ensure compliance with criteria, and provide feedback to laboratory members in the spirit of learning and quality improvement.
Cardiologists, sonographers working at Regions Hospital
Following this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify common and uncommon pathology related to echocardiogram
- Describe the clinical presentations associated with select pathologies
- Describe how to apply relevant new techniques and protocols
- Apply the ICAEL Lab protocols in obtaining the correct TEE, TTE, and TSE views
Sunny Kaul, MD
Dr. Kaul has indicated no conflict of interest in relation to this presentations. He does not intend to discuss the off-label use any commercial products. Members of the planning committee have indicated no potential conflict of interest in relation to the planning of this activity.
HealthPartners is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
HealthPartners Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing requirements. It is the responsibility of each participant to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification for their discipline.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.