Child and Adolescent Gender Care Training
Clinicians who are providing gender-affirming care to children and adolescents, including mental health clinicians, primary care and gender services clinicians, and surgeons. Social workers, RNs, and clinical support staff (RN, LPN, CMA) who work with gender-affirming care services.
Following this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify how gender identity and gender diversity develops across the lifespan and how to support patients and families in their gender journeys during each stage of life
- Apply strategies to assess for and diagnosis gender dysphoria, assess for co-occurring mental health concerns, and understand the intersectionality of neurodiversity, disordered eating, and trauma with gender diversity
- Apply strategies to utilize gender exploration, mental health therapy and family therapy to support patients, parents/guardians, and families as they pursue gender-affirming care
- Describe the options for gender-affirming medical and surgical care and key counseling components for consenting adolescents and parents/guardians for treatment
- Discuss the requirements for informed consent for gender-affirming care and learn how to navigate situations when agreement to care is not present
- Summarize best practices to effectively write letters of support for gender-affirming care in accordance with WPATH Standards of Care 8 recommendations
HealthPartners is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
HealthPartners Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to:
- 6.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
- 6.00 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
- 6.00 credits toward the CME and Self-Assessment requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program
It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM, ABP MOC or ABS credit.
This program is designed to meet the following boards requirements. It is the responsibility of each participant to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification for their discipline.
- MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy
- MN Board of Social Work
- MN Board of Psychology
- MN Board of Nursing
- MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
Credit for this program will be awarded after all sessions have been released and the course evaluation has been completed and submitted.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.
Enter the Access Code and click Unlock. After the activity is unlocked, click Enroll.
Once enrolled, you will be able to select the sessions you have attended or would like to view.
To view a session's overview, click the hyperlinked session title. To enroll in multiple sessions, click the box to the right for each session and click ENROLL
For help setting up a new account, reference this tutorial.
Once you are logged in to your account, select Take Course to complete the evaluation, claim credit and receive your certificate of attendance.
Chrome or Firefox recommended