Addressing Health Disparities - 2022
Following this improvement project, participants will:
- Define the role bias management, cultural humility, and social determinants of health play in reducing health disparities in personal practice
- Analyze and identify health disparities that exist within personal practice
- Adopt strategies, tools, and resources to close health equity gaps in selected focus areas of practice
- Report an increase in health equity by reducing health disparities in selected focus areas
Steps to Earn and Claim CME Credit:
1. Review or Participate in the following:
- Overview of Health Disparities
- Social Determinants of Health
- Unconscious Bias: 4-part, virtual, scheduled sessions with facilitators
- Tracks: Provides an overview of health disparity information, barriers, and suggestions to improve specific treatment or screening measures. You can view as many as you choose.
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Immunizations – Child/Adolescent
2. Reflect on your current practice and metrics
3. Identify and apply strategies and barriers to improvement
4. Complete the project evaluation and credit verification via CMEcentral
HealthPartners Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this PI CME activity for a maximum of 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.
This 6-month improvement project meets MOC Part IV* requirements for Physicians and Category 1 PI-CME credit.
*Family Medicine: Performance Improvement Activity (20 Points)
*Internal Medicine: Practice Assessment (30 Points)
*Pediatrics: MOC Part IV (25 Points)
Clinicians who belong to one or more of the 18 Medical Boards participating in the ABMS Portfolio Program or NCCPA are eligible to claim Continuing Certification (MOC) credit.
- 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 20.00 AttendanceThis program is designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s requirements. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine if the program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification in their discipline.